Anything you tell us will be treated as confidenrial and will not be sold to a third party under any circunstances. Please make the process of planning your tour faster by giving us your proper information, without an accurate email address, we have no means of contacting you. Thank you!
Almost all visitors to Lao need a visa to enter the country. Only citizens of 15 countries can come in Lao without visas. Lao Visas can be obtained prior to arrival from Lao embassies and consulates abroad, through a tour company recognized by the Lao PDR, or on arrival at the international checkpoint. Visas must be used within three months of being issued, but the validity of the visa starts from the day of entry into Laos. Tourist & business visas last for 30 days and can be extended twice for 30 days each time, ideally through travel agencies.
Notes: On entering Laos, ensure that you receive an entry stamp in your passport, as the fine for not having one is high. Visa on Arrival (VOA) Where to get a VOA? 4 International Airports
Wattay International Airport in Vientiane
Luang Prabang International Airport in Luang Prabang
Pakse International Airport in Champasack
Savannakhet International Airport in Savannakhet
Border Checkpoints China-Laos • Bohan - Boten (Yunnan - Luang Namtha Province) • Lantoui (Phongsaly Province) Myanmar • Vang Poung - Ban Muang Mom (Yangon - Bokeo Province) "No Visa-on-arrival" Thailand-Laos • Chiang Khong - Houai Xay (Chiang Rai - Bokeo Province)
• Nakaxeng - Nam Heuang (Loei - Sayabouly Province)
• Houai Kon – Nam Ngeun (Nan - Sayabouly Province)
• Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I (Nongkhay - Vientiane Capital) • Train Station (Nongkhay - Vientiane Capital) • Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II (Moukdahan - Savannakhet Province)
• Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge III (Nakorn Phanom - Khammouane Province) • Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge IV (Chiang Khong-Bokeo Province)
• Bungkan - Pakxan (Nongkhay-Bolikhamxay Province) "No Visa-on-arrival"
• Chongmek - Vangtao, Ubol Ratchathani to Champasack Province. Vietnam-Laos
• Taichang - Pang Hok, Dien Bien to Phongsaly Province
• Nameo - Nam Souy, Thanh Hoa to Houaphanh Province.
• Namkan - Namkan (Nge An - Xieng Khouang Province)
• Kao Jeo - Nam Pao (Ha tinh - Bolikhamxay Province)
• Napao - Chalo (Quangbinh - Khammouane Province)
• Laobao - Dansavanh (Quang tri - Savannakhet Province) • Bo-er - Phou Keua (Kom Toum - Attapeu Province) • Lalai (Salavanh Province) Cambodia-Laos • Pra Preng Krian - Nong Nok Khian (Cambodia - Champasack Province)
Who can't get lao visa-on-arrival? Unfortunately, travelers holding passports from the following countries are not eligible for Laos visas on arrival : Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Jordan, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya (Libyan Arab Jamahiriya), Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Syria (Syrian Arab republic), Swaziland, Tonga, Turkey, Zambia, Zimbabwe. What is the fee for Lao VOA ?